Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1

Off to a god start. 
I did a 10km walk with my pram ( yes there was a baby in it too ).
I set out to do the 10k - because inside my mind I am a warrior like that. About 4 k's in I met my hubby and 3 year old at the park - they were drinking milkshakes and making sandcastles and I very much thought that 4km would really be an excellent start to the year. 

Then I remembered my blog. 

Then I remembered my commitment to myself.

Then I  groaned.

I thought, OK I'll just go up to the turn around point which is just 1km away and I'll catch a lift home with them when I get back to the park - that would make it 6km and a most excellent start to the year of the skinny bitch!

So baby, pram, ipod and I hauled ass and made it to the turnaround point and headed back to the park. A funny thing happened when I got to the park... I didn't stop, I just kept going, I felt like Forrest Gump - I even upped my speed a little and let the sweat flow freely. 

I'd made these little deals with myself along the way - "I'll stop when" ... "you've done enough when'' ... "nobody will know if I did 6 or 10" ... " just to the next light pole""

I don't know why I do this. 

I want to say I'm going to smash 10k and then go for it with gusto, but I'm not there yet, I'm still tricking myself into doing things ( lucky I'm an excellent tricker hey!!! ).

As I passed the park at the 6km mark I  thought J F D I but I didn't think 'friggin' that's for sure. I finished my 10k walk in a sweaty ball of mess but I felt good.

Ok I felt good until my knees started hurting and I had to ice them, but that's just details. 

I started January 1 2012 at 84kg and I did a 10k walk - so by my calculations I should be a skinny Italian supermodel by this time next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment